4/29/2007

I QUIT!!



I don't know how I finally did it, but I have managed to quit HoJo....
well 2 more weekends.
.
To me, it was just something, I knew had to be done. I don't need the part time work, it's my love for being in hotels that put me there. I like to keep my skills up for accounting, and problem solving to. So here is the story: I went to work, on Friday night, I came in to a new security guard. Now I don't say anything about age usually, or physical fetures because in the end it dosent matter to me. But a 68 year old man, 5'2 and 100 pounds is not going to "help" me when Im being robbed. However, to have company through the night, fine.
.
Around midnight, the lead auditor came in to visit me and pulled me aside to tell me the things I have missed the past 2 weeks. Apparently, the suspects that have been robbing hotels, have been spotted at our hotel during the week. They probably are getting a feel for the place but since the staff is so eratic there they can't figure it out. The only shifts that are normal, are audit(my shift). Well, anyway, What she said to me next was kinda like the eye opener. "dont call on the devil". We are sitting ducks, to get the crap beat out of us, and robbed at gun point for $300.00 dollars is sooo not worth it. So, the night goes on and the security guard sleeps on the couch, he didn't mean to, but it was just so boring.
.
At 7am when I'm supposta leave, the AM person dosent show up. Im already tired, I've been up 25 hours now, and now, I have to wait for her to get there.... I was a tad pissy. I left at 8am... went home slept for a few hours, but since my sister has no life she insists on calling me 500 times a day untill I answer to say NOTHING. So around 4pm I fianally answered her 4th call to me. I got up, went to the grocery store, and wile im checking out, HOJO is calling me. OHHH whats up? The new manager is calling me to ask me to come in early (i need a little bug eyed dude from FLO inserted here) I figured at this point, what the hell. I rolled up in that joint(haha) around 745pm, and then the manager tells me she is leaving???? wait what? you said you were alone, had 90 check in's and phones where busy... why are you leaving me alone? oh.. yeah, I understand you have a headache and want to go out with the girls.. did you forget you fucking told me YESTERDAY that you were goign out Saturday? you just want to go home early to go out earlier.. asshole, im a stupid asshole! So she left, and I only had 30 check in's thats nothing to what they have left me with before. Only 15 of those people showed up, so it definitly was a slow night.
.
Around 1230 the old security man, decides, he had a death in the famiy and went home. Im there alone, Im scared, and robbers are "in the area" so I locked the front doors, and did not let anyone in. I was just being cautious. At 715 am... guess who dosent show up again? your right the AM person, I called her and bitched her out, haha. Then turned around, called the new Front Desk Manager,( i have never met him) "wakie wakie, new manager, AM person didnt show, be here in 15 min or Im leaving!) he got there at 730. I said Hi, im Marcia, nice to meet you... security left at 1am, and in 2 weeks, I will be leaving the HOJO. hehehe, It took him by surprise. Im still chuckling about his face. I guess I will leave a lasting impression on him. Anyway, I know why I quit, the bullshit, was to much... but I guess I even shocked myself when I said it. However, this is the first time EVER that I didnt feel sick and nautious over quiting something. I am not a quitter, maybe a slacker when I dont want to do it, but I never quit. A first for everything I suppose. Oh and the quencher, of them all... when he got there at 730, he expected me to leave at 7:30 hahah NOPE! I decided to leave at 8:00... I was getting 12 full hours 4 of which are OT
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
.
2 more weeks.... my mommy has decided to congraulate me with a weekend away in Daytona Beach! Never knew I would get rewarded for quiting a job.

No comments: