8/21/2007

Helping Friends Move


I love Bub to death, he is a wonderful man. However he packs like a man, he moves like a man and he is unorganized like a man. Its been a week, I suppose, since he started moving. I have been to his new apt once, it's a nice little place, over near the college and his work. At least it's on the first floor so that is a definite bonus. The problem is, I'm to tired, out of shape, and its flipping August! We wait till the sun goes down, so that we can not get scalded by the sun, but then its just as hot and we are moving in the dark. When I moved in march we used a wagon, because we moved from the second floor and there is a long walk/court yard, way to get to the cars. Well, we didn't have the wagon this time, and I must say, NEVER EVER again will I move with out it. Taking one box compared to 5 at a time is a huge difference. OH and when I moved Everything was in Rubbermaid's, or those nice perfect size boxes that computer paper comes in, so they couldn't be to heavy, and they stacked nicely-uniformly. Bub's boxes are crazy heavy or crazy light... things just thrown in them nothing makes sense, he still has things boxes from almost 4 years ago he never unpacked. Anyway, we are almost done, thank god because I just can't handle the heat, or my arms hurting anymore. 1 more trip, for the matresses, and a few little things... thank god!
oh, and for all the people that Bub's helped move, I am the only one who has helped him. Shocking I know. This could go off into some sort of rant, but I will just conclude with this, Those people (a select 2 couples) who moved into 3rd floor apartments, I hope when they move out that there most prize posession accidently takes a tumble down the stairs and breaks into a million pieces. I know Im sick, but hey, thats me.

2 comments:

Merle Sneed said...

Marcia, thank you for the comment.

I tried to be supportive and involved in my children's lives. If they had an interest, I made sure that they had the resources to pursue it. I didn't try to push them in a particular direction.

With respect to the golf lessons, they have to be scheduled with a specific pro in advance, so I know it will be a woman.

In addition, the facility where my son bought the lessons is owned and operated by three women, so it was a slam dunk that I would be taking lessons from one of them.

Best wishes.

Flawed And Disorderly said...

Aha ha ha! I hear you NOW, Maricia! I hear you now! I LOVE that you told me about your dream! I'm always having random dreams about people, but nobody ever dreams about me! I feel so special! :D Thank you!!!! And thank you for being so sweet as to even think of Lindley when you were with your friend. But I'm really sorry about your panic attack. I hope those stop immediately! And if it helps, I promise to only be in serene dreams from now on. We'll pick daisies or something. :D

And that moving experienced SUCKED! So sorry for you there. My husband packs by throwing everything he owns into black garbage bags. It's very annoying. You sound like an awesome friend to have.