10/09/2007

Autumn



It is Fall everywhere in America, except Florida. (insert sad face) Our leaves don't turn colors, our air dosent get so crisp. Kids still swim everyday, we never wear hats, or pants, no need for a jumper, or an excuse to turn on the oven and make something warm and cozy to snack on. I suppose this is the life I choose 5 years ago, I am hoping, it won't be forever. In the mean time, I found a small bit of happiness. This morning, I didn't have time to make my usual English Muffin,I needed to get gas, and get on the road. I was trying to Mute that stupid singing thing at the BP when I noticed a sign.... "COME IN AND ENJOY A PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE". "IT" hit me, I noticed the air was cooler, I smelled the wetness of the dew on my car, it was a little foggy out, I saw hot air balloons in the distance, the sun was trying to peek out from its darkness and clouds. So, to enjoy my fall morning, I went in and got myself a nice drink. Now here is my story...... I didn't expect it to be much, I honestly gave up coffee months ago, because of the caffeine. So, I just expected a hot coffee.
My cup filled up, I had a little spill out onto my finger so what do you do? right, lick it... and that's where I just about had an "o" Seriously, I was almost in shock from the taste, my knees went week,it was like a hot steamy kiss from a hot Mc dreamy looking guy. I had to stand there for a second,catching myself. I Proceeded to taste from the cup... and there is was, the spice, the pumpkin, the oooooooooooooh my god, this is soooooo good, Where have you been autumn drink.

My whole 45 min ride was nice, I thought of all the things that makes me happy about fall. I thought about my 2 time experience camping at the boy scout camp. I thought about, girl scout cookies, pumpkin, crisp walks down leave filled paths. I thought about Chicago, and how this time of year the leaves are blowing around everywhere. I thought, wow next year I could be closer to Boston, and actually be in the leaves rolling around. My mind swirled around so many things, I think I was on a "high"


I haven't bought any cookies this year, first because I don't know any GS, and really I don't need them, but given the chance I will spend my 5 dollars for some. he he


I want to go play in muddy fields and pick the perfect one.


And here it is, the joy that I found today..... oh I heart you so!

No comments: