7/04/2008

DAYDREAMING

Its no lie that I think about traveling 98% of my day. The other 2% is spent thinking about how I am going to get there. Last night I spent all night reading this young couples blog, of there around the world trip. They are currently still on there trip till September of this year, so basically I am jealous. With every great story and picture I know, I will have my blog one day… LADY OF LEISURE. Damn I better copy write that now huh. LOL So with reading there Blog, and several others through the years, I have realized that I don’t think I like Australia. Well to my family this is no major issue—we have stories of being on a lesbian bus with 30 other woman from Australia, wasn’t our finest moments of traveling. So, anyway, I don’t think I like Australia. I doooooo want to see the opera house, and the bridge. And I really want to see the Great Barrier Reef. But when I think about Bondi beach and full moon parties, I don’t get those butterflies in my stomach. SO, if on my around the world trip, Erin, Sister or Deb wants to do Australia, I declare right here and now, I REFUSE TO LOOK UP/STUDY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COUNTRY!!

Ok, so there is one place that makes me smile, and does give me those butterflies…. LAOS. When I was in 6th grade we had a few students from that country, in my class. I remember the boy, but not his name. He was very tanned, and had like Asian type hair, but it was bowl cut. His torso of his body was built differently, like as in kind of lanky but very ripped- 6 pack. I always thought it was because it was jungle country, and he was always running from tigers and bears or something. Hey I was 10 or 11 what the hell did I know? But as I have been finding out Laos is a very beautiful beach country. This kid was probably surfing all day, and picking up chicks. Why the hell did his family ever move to Chicago, in the winter time I have no clue. Anyway, I don’t ever know what happened to that boy after 6th grade, maybe they moved on, or maybe I was to self absorbed to notice him in a new school, either way now I wish I got to learn more about his country.
I have been thinking about an RV trip also. But as I searched last night to fin the cost of an RV it can be pretty expensive. 30 days, and 900 mils was 3500. I guess most people wouldn’t think that was expensive, but your dealing with the cheap queen here. Gas is $4.00 a gallon, and with only given 900 miles, and $.32 cents per each mile after that, possibly can be looking at close to $5000. So, my folks (he he) this means I need to pack in 5or 6 people to make it cost effective. 5-6 people in a little rv doesn’t make for a great trip. And just now thinking it would have to be 6 because odd numbers never works out, this trip can spell disaster. I guess this trip is something that will be placed in a big pot with tight lid, on the back burner, until I can figure out how to make it more cost effective.
I wish I had a group of people who loved to travel as much as me. Erin, does of course. But when talking to my sister about travel she gets what I think is annoyed. ME I can dream, I like to have little folders on my computer full of “things” about traveling. I have Italy, totally researched. IF someone placed like 60000000 millon dollars in my hand today, I would print off my folders, and be able to do about a year alone in Italy. Seriously. I dream of Italy, I have dreams of Italy, where I wake up and cant realize it was just a dream. I have never been there, but if I close my eyes hard enough and relax, I am 100% positive I can smell the old world charm. Anyway, I wish I had a group of people that met up and discussed travel. I would like to hear other peoples stories and hear there tips and tricks. I would like to hear peoples travel techniques, and see there photos. To bad no one has time to make commitments like that, to bad for me.

1 comment:

bailey337 said...

DUDE! I think about traveling like %90 too. Just last night I had a dream I went back to Rome and today I woke up and told Jay "We have to go back" then later on we were both online looking up trips...sigh.... I am waiting on this UCF thing. I really want to take an 09 trip, but I dont want to jeapordize school, so who knows :( Ok, love ya!