5/07/2007

Car Battery

So when I tell people that I love my KIA Sportage, they always look at me funny. Not as in haha funny, as in WHY THE HELL? But think about this people, I have had it 6 years it's over 100,000. miles and in all honestly I have never had any real problems with it. The only problems I have had are the motors kept blowing out in the windows. That was covered under warranty, and the dealership was awesome with the complaints. Then, that part that goes down the center of your car(not sure what its called) broke, and that to was covered under warranty. I have only had 2 break jobs (with that many miles I'm surprised) This is the 2nd set of tires, 1st were the originals. I don't believe that I had any other real serious problems.
.
This morning, I went to start my car and nothing. I mean lights came on, and it "clicked" a little but it didn't turn over. I knew what the deal was. I needed a new battery, mine had so much corrosion it was gross. A few months ago Boo Bunny tried fixing it for me because, he saw the corrosion, and it did help. I really felt bad, that I had to call him at 630am, after he went to bed a few hours before. As always he came over and we went to Wal-Mart, and he bought me a new one. He also had to buy the new connector thingies because mine like I said are shot.
.
I, for probably the first time didn't tell him what to do, or how to do it. I'm pretty surprised with myself, and I know he is also. I know a lot about cars, because my dad was a "mechanic"(jack of all trades) and made us work on them with him. But this morning I just knew to keep my mouth shut. I didn't tell him anything, I just stood there, patiently.
.
We had to go back into Wal-Mart to return the old battery and get his $9.00 back for the core.
I couldn't help myself but walk next to him and smile like a cheesy fool. He then said, "stop it, I don't like when you smile like that" But me being all Innocent and stuff said "what?" He rebutted with, "you know I don't like it when, you bring up that stuff we don't talk about" meaning marriage. I just giggled because HE knows we belong together, MARRIED. He's just to stubborn to admit it.

No comments: