7/17/2008

hotel hell, again.

Walking into work tonight I knew it was going to be a bad night. Does a lady, moaning in agony, and acting all crazy count as bad? Probably not. She was stretched out on the floor, no one could get into the bathroom, and I was told not to call emergency. My fear was she wasn’t acting, but the minute anyone said anything to her, she was miss. All bright & sunshine day. So I realized quickly that she must not be mentally stable. The girl I had a confrontation with last week, was working. I didn’t expect her to be, so I was nervous a little. But we didn’t say a word to each other, and I am glad. Tonight, I would have probably punched her. Oh, I also had a guest place a used condom wrapper on my desk, and yell at me that his kids found this under the bed. Now here is my thinking... who looks under the bed in a hotel? Who looks under the bed at home? Well, I look under the bed at home, but it is to find my dog and the toys he may hide under there. But typically no one does this. I don’t understand why he felt the need to hold this wrapper, in his hand and bring his 7-9 year old son with him to the desk?
I was told by someone, that i was written up for this altercation I had with another worker. I didn’t start the "fight"; I told my supervisor something about a situation in the privacy of her office, and under confidentiality. She went and told the person what I said, and that person attacked me. If I get written up, I think I may go to corporate office about this. Then again it’s a he-said she-said issue, and why would they entertain this bull shit? Still, I didn’t yell, or strike this person, she went off on me. I defended myself by saying, something "smart" and walked away. I will write the details later

I have been looking at blogs differently for awhile now. I found a few that focus on children, and gardening, and travel. I even found a waiter who hates his job, and writes all the silly stuff people request wile him is serving them. Let me just say that he is writing books, winning awards, and making money off his blog. Is there a small possible way that I could write a blog about hotel hell and make money for it? I mean, I do have some pretty incredible stories of the shit that happens to desk clerks. I think, I could write an entire book right now, in one sitting, just on this 5 month job alone. Let alone, HOJO, Disney, and Hampton Inn. I could have best sellers of HOTEL HELL Touristville... and Hotel Hell, Chicago. I am thinking... maybe just maybe turning, a passion of working in hotels, writing and crazyness into momma getting a new pair of shoes!

1 comment:

bailey337 said...

Dude I think some peope purposely look in drawers, under beds in corners at hotels just to "see" if there's anything to complain about. Lol, a book about the hells of disney would be a funny wake up call to all those dumb tourists. Last night I had a guest who was trying to get me to lower his rate. He claimed the last time he stayed at our hotel he paid "179.00" for a club room (this is Memphis, it is more expensive there) so I pull up his old info...then I said "no, sir you paid 260.00 last time you were here" pisses me off that they lie about stuff.
Ok, I am worried about you, let me know how your feeling!